Sunday 11 September 2011

Today, someone offered me work experience!
I also hit myself in the head with an air rifle, so a mixed day, really. ( No one explained that guns have a pretty powerful recoil. And no one explained that you shouldn't actually place the sight right against your eye either. I'm going to have a black eye tomorrow, aren't I?)
But back to the work experience! The lovely people at Tindal Street Press, Birmingham are going to let me work in their publishing office for a week, and  so I feel a whole lot calmer about this whole job thing- a mere two hours ago I'd decided to screw getting a real job, I was going to go and raise Elephants in Kenya instead. And it's also proof that my education may actually be worth it after all, who knew?? I'd be dancing on the ceiling right now if my head didn't hurt so much. The only teensy tiny catch is, it's not until May. As in 2012, May. A whole 9 months away. BUT if nothing else comes up in the mean time (please God, let something come up in the mean time) it does still mean that someone out there thinks I'm good enough, so there is no need to give up hope yet. And I think 9 months is the perfect amount of time to spend in Kenya, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment