Thursday 5 January 2012

New Year, New Start

Happy New Year! How's yours kicking off? I for one have already come to the conclusion that January is going to be very busy, and very different....
In 48 short hours, I shall have (hopefully) moved out of my parent's place, and into my boyfriend's, as he and his flatmate have kindly agreed to let me stay for the duration of my internship.I say hopefully, because I've yet to hear back from them, confirming that I've confirmed my place....
But I'm not going to panic until tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to pack up, which is difficult seeing as A, all of my stuff is haphazardly scattered across three floors, stuffed into any and every available storage space, and B, I'm not packing, I'm blogging...whoops.
I'm really looking forward to this move though (I've already decided I'm going whether or not I actually have an internship anymore; my mother has been dropping subtle hints for me to clear out since November.) I have spent all week buying furniture and other useful household nicknacks such as mop buckets and tea towels, because, quite simply J and C are Boys with a capital B. They know how to tidy, but they don't know how to clean. Or maybe they do, but because they are Boys they just don't see the need to own more than one tea towel (last washed about 4 months ago) or mop the bathroom floor (last mopped...erm....) so I have decided, that in repayment for letting me stay, I'm going to be their live in housekeeper. Of course, it's not just a gesture of thanks, it's also because of the fact that I simply won't be able to relax if I know the bath needs a good scrubbing.
I'm planning on making some other changes to my life too. I plan on kicking my social life up a notch...which actually means going out more than three times over a period of three months. That's right. Since October, I've been out with friends on just three occasions, and I don't even think the third time can count, seeing as it was with the same person (sorry, Ben.) I'm pretty sure I used to have loads of friends, but I've lived a sad and pathetic existence since my M.A finished. I blame lack of money, and lack of drive. Having nothing to do day in day out really sucks it out of you, and that is really, really depressing. SO I plan on making lots of new friends at work, re-connecting with old ones, and going out at least once a week, even if it's only a coffee. But not on weekends though. Weekends will be for cleaning.
I'm also going to re-establish my love affair with the gym. During my time at uni, there was no better way to work out stress than dying on a cross trainer. I know my bum will be very happy with this decision (I may have eaten one too many mince pies this festive season) though I'm not quite sure where I'll find the time for the gym yet, of course....
Oh, and of course, my main goal for January is to actually complete this internship, do it well and ideally, get a job offer out of it. Wish me luck.
Am I taking on too much?  I don't know yet. Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment